pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Power of a Praying Wife

Recently, while at a library book sale with Laina, I came across the book "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian.  For $1.50 I couldn't pass it up.  I'm so thankful I got a hold of this little book because it has taught me so much about praying for Abe.  I have always been a praying wife, but Stormie points out 30 different areas in which we can specifically pray for our husbands.   If you're like me, you probably already pray for your husband's health, safety, work and family life.  But what about areas like his fears, purpose, choices, his affections, temptations, his attitude, his talk, his obedience, his repentance and his deliverance?  And those are just a few!  If I took anything away from this book, it is the overarching truth that it is far better to say nothing to our husband, and to bring our petitions before our All-Knowing God.  She encourages you to "look to God as the source of all you want to see happen in your marriage, and don't worry about how it will happen.  It's your responsibility to pray.  It's God's job to answer.  Leave it in His hands."  Each chapter has a number of verses relating to the area of focus.  Praying these Scriptures over your husband is a powerful way to see change.  This is a book I will want to read again and again.  God is just beginning to show me the power of praying for my husband, and it's exciting to see Him answering those prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment