pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Dairy-free Homemade Ranch Dip/Salad Dressing


A few months back my 4 year old started on a gluten-free, casein-free diet. I came up with this dairy-free ranch dip that my whole family absolutely loves. Confession: we actually went through 1 gallon of mayonnaise in 2 weeks making this dip/salad dressing- they were putting it on everything! We've cut back a lot since then, but it is still a family favorite. I'm hoping to begin making it with homemade mayo soon since I'm not a big fan of store-bought mayo. I have found it helpful to have this on hand for my GFCF daughter- I add it to wraps and burritos in place of cheese to add moisture and flavor. You can add a little more almond milk to make this a salad dressing.

1/2 cup almond milk
4 tsp. lemon juice OR raw apple cider vinegar
2 cups mayonnaise
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried dill
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Mix almond milk and lemon juice or apple cider vinegar and let sit for 10 minutes. Add mayo and remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors. (Makes 2.5 cups)

No comments:

Post a Comment