pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Reflections of our journey

the driveway to our new home...

It's been a long journey!  Who would have ever thought that it would take over 2 years after leaving our home in Montana before settling down in a "real" house again!  After living in a RV and in a converted garden center, we are still amazed at how God provided us with a beautiful home down a quiet gravel road in a serene and peaceful setting.  We still pinch ourselves wondering if this is real.  After many trials over these past 2 years, God has brought us to a place of rest for our weary souls.  I look back and wonder how we did it.  I wonder if I would have left Montana if I had known the difficulties that we would face.  But then I remember how God has used these difficult times to cause us to need more of Him.  We realized we were nothing apart from His amazing grace.  We learned that our present home is quickly fading.  We were created for an eternal home.  Laura Story's song entitled "Blessings" reminds us: 
"When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win
We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not, this is not our home
It's not our home

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
And what if a thousand sleepless nights 
Are what it takes to know You're near
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy
And what if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are Your mercies in disguise?"

I would have never chosen the path, but I am so thankful for His mercies in disguise.  (And if you haven't heard Laura Story's song, I would encourage you to download it!)


1 comment: